Posted on 24 Nov 2021
How to Fix the Windows 11 Activation Error 0xc004c003?
Did you just reinstall your OS or changed to Windows 11? If yes, then you must have come across a Windows activation error. The error 0xc004c003 occurs when you attempt to activate the OS with the help of the Activation Digital Product Key. The error shows up on the screen when you attempt to activate the Windows license on OS. You cannot single out this cause.
What Leads to the 0xc004c003 Error Code in Windows 11-
To verify the product key or to access the registry hive, one is required to go through the registry hive in Windows 11. The error occurs when you enter the wrong information and the access is denied. If key validation also turns out to be unsuccessful, then that can also lead to this error. However, reasons for unsuccessful key validation may differ.
How should I fix key validation errors in Windows 11-
1) Activate Windows 11 by Using Command Prompt
Below mentioned are all the steps that you need to perform to activate Windows 11 using the command prompt.
- Press the Windows key and then enter cmd in the search area.
- After that, go to the command prompt and then right-click on it, and then choose the option of Run as Administrator. Select Yes if asked by User Account Control.
- Enter the command vbs-rearm in the command prompt and then press the enter key.
- Select OK and then reboot the device after making a successful request.
- Launch the activation page and see if the issue is fixed or not.
- There is a chance that the Microsoft server is not able to verify and activate your license due to server problems. Nevertheless, you still have the option to activate your license using the command prompt.
2) Check the Version of Windows You are Using
If you wish to check the Windows version you are using, then carry out the steps mentioned below.
- Press Windows key and I key simultaneously to launch Settings.
- After that, go to System and then select the option of About.
- Now, go to the section of Windows Specification. Open the Edition section to see the Windows 11 edition installed on your computer. In case your Windows 11 matches with the previously installed edition, then that means the Windows version isn't the cause of the problem.
3) Adjust Registry to Install Windows 10 Home
Below mentioned are the steps that you need to follow to adjust the registry to install Windows 10 Home.
- Press Windows key and R key simultaneously and launch Run.
- Enter the Regedit code and then select OK. Select Yes when asked by User Account Control.
- Go to the registry editor and go through the code Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion.
- On the right side, search for the ProductName value and then double-click on it.
- After that, you need to type Windows 11 Home Single Language. Now, select OK for saving the changes.
- Then, search for the Edition ID value and double-click on it.
- After that, type CoreSingleLanguage and then select Ok for saving the changes.
- Now, go to the below-mentioned location in the Registry Editor.
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
Go to the right pane again and search for the product name value. Then, you are required to change it to Windows 10 Home. Now, click on OK and save the changes.
Then, search for the editionID and double-click on it. After that, change the value to CoreSingleLanguage. Again, click on OK to save the changes.